More on the adds soon, started a 1/3 position in GE (3.6%Y), added to DOV(2.1%Y) and SO(4.6%Y). And I still have some cash left over.
Here are the FASTGraphs:
A few comments on GE:
- I've owned it in my taxable account for over a year...its pulled back some recently, and presents a good value at current prices
- GE has a yield of 3.7%, and has been on the rise every year since the financial crisis
- GE is rated AA+ by S&P, and has sold off their financial business making them less risky
- GE is huge, global, and into so many markets and countries....a great conglomerate for the long haul.
Next is current holding DOV:
A few Dover comments:
- Dividend Aristocrat, with raises in the dividend for 59 consecutive years!
- Price has pulled back some recently due to a rare sales and eps reduction in 2014
- Slightly underweight position in the portfolio, decided to add a small amount here
Next is utility SO:
A few SO comments:
- I've held Southern in the chump IRA for 2 years or so, very low Beta of 0.16
- Yield is 4.6%, and on a Price/Cash Flow basis, the stock is a bit under valued
- Nice safe utility, with good yield and steady slow growth
- Added a small additional amount to increase the the portfolio income