Monday, August 15, 2016

Using Morningstar and The Chump Watch List

I use Morningstar to monitor my various portfolios.  I've also added a couple of watch lists to M* for monitoring.  I pay for the "premium" service which costs me around $500 per year, but I feel its worth it.  When I research a stock, I can find almost unlimited financial data at the M* site.  In addition, they have a great stock screener program, and most importantly, I can monitor my holdings and choose from hundreds of metrics to watch for each portfolio, including future buy and sell prices.

I have accounts at Fidelity, Vanguard, and TD Ameritrade, but they are all TERRIBLE for monitoring your holdings.  In most cases, you can't even select any metrics to monitor.  Sheeesh.

Well, anyway, shown below is my current watch list for the Chump IRA.  If there is a correction, its nice to have a list handy for action.  I'm continuing to do research when I have time on these names, and change the list frequently.  But with M*, its easy, and have these right at my fingertips....
For each name, I've listed a possible entry point price, which I've calculated using FASTGraphs as the price where I'd be comfortable starting a position.   Of the stocks shown here, DIS is my best recommendation.  In fact, I've started a position, and will add if it dips below the buy price shown.



Best regards,

Chump

No comments:

Post a Comment