Monday, November 6, 2017

Selling QCOM on the News

Shares of Qualcomm, QCOM jumped around 15% late last week on news that Broadcom will try to buy them.  I've been holding QCOM for a couple of years, enjoying the dividends, but not much price appreciation in the stock.  A few months ago, QCOM announced they would acquire NXPI for tens of billions of dollars.....

Now, with the stock up 21% from last week lows, I'm selling all my shares.  The way I see this playing out is either:

A)  Qualcomm moves to block the sale to Broadcom by over paying for NXPI, which would effectively act like a poison pill, and add a huge debt load to the company -or-

B)  Broadcom pulls off the deal, in which case the recent run up in the stock price is near it's peak....

I'm not seeing a lot of upside to holding QCOM...time to redeploy elsewhere.

Best,

Chump

No comments:

Post a Comment