Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Chump IRA Holdings for January, 2018

I've been a bit lazy the past few months, and haven't been too good about updates.  I'll catch up in the coming week or two.  In the mean time, I thought it was important that I document my current holdings.  Here they are below, sorted by % size in the portfolio....




The portfolio contains 39 stocks, and around 4% cash.  REITs were off last year a bit, and this was reflected in my overall performance for the year, and current red seen in the % gain since purchase column.  In general, the higher yielding stocks have suffered a bit in the current rising interest rate environment, coupled with the ongoing threat of Amazon to the retail REIT sector.

Some recent adds to the portfolio include:

  • Ventas (VTR) - an attractively priced healthcare REIT
  • PPL Corp (PPL) - an attractively priced electric utility
  • Signet Jewelers (SIG) - a very attractively priced retail store
The rest of the holdings have been discussed previously.

Chump


No comments:

Post a Comment