Friday, May 12, 2017

Adding to KIM, and Starting a Position is SKT

REITs continue to get hit today due to some bad news in the sector, and in retail.  Some of the high quality REITs I already own are selling at a great discount, and Tanger Outlet REIT (SKT), is really at a great price.  I'm adding to my existing position in KIM, and starting a position in SKT.

Here is a FASTGraph for SKT:


Here are the reasons I like SKT:

  • Great price, undervalued
  • 5% dividend yield
  • Steady, consistent growth in cash flow the past 20 years!
  • Excellent credit rating
I really like REIT investments for my IRA.  The high dividends are not taxed, and I reinvest them directly.  This creates a compounding machine for the portfolio.  As a % of the overall portfolio, REITs now account for 17.2% of the portfolio.  Here are my REIT holdings:

  • O
  • OHI
  • STAG
  • DLR
  • KIM
  • SKT
  • SPG
I'm still looking to add at least one more REIT in the healthcare or storage spaces...I like PSA and HCA, but both are still above my buy point.......


Best regards,

Chump

No comments:

Post a Comment