Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Taking a Look at Berkshire and Baupost

Three of my favorite investors are Charlie Munger, Warren Buffet, and Seth Klarman.  So I thought I would pull up their current investments and recent changes to their portfolio.  It occurs to me that I should be checking what these legends are doing more frequently.

Here is the latest from Bershshire Hathaway:


Stocks I have in common with Berkshire are:
  • WFC, AAPL, KO, PSX, GE, JNJ
  • I hold 4 of his top ten, and sold IBM at a high last year, which I bet Warren wishes he had done
  • I note they own three airlines, which surprises me a bit.  Warren has been very negative on airlines throughout his career...."the quickest way to $1M in the stock market is to invest $2M into an airline stock...."
  • I own one airline, ALK, and have been quite happy with it's performance.  
  • BH also owns 6 financial stocks, including Visa and Mastercard.  Worth more analysis
  • There are a few on the list I'm not familiar with, I'll check them out soon.
Now for Baupost, taking the data from this SA article:  https://seekingalpha.com/article/4073081-tracking-seth-klarmans-baupost-group-holdings-q1-2017-update


I own fewer of these names, and only QCOM in my Chump IRA.  I own ABC, ESRX, and MCK in my taxable account, but these pay small or no dividend.  Interestingly, I owned FOXA as well, but sold it recently after the loss of Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly.  This list gives me plenty to evaluate.

Best,

Chump

No comments:

Post a Comment